Are You Coming from Interstate or Overseas?

Getting Married in Tasmania

Tasmania is a wonderful location for both your wedding and honeymoon. You do not need to be an Australian resident or citizen and it is quite simple to arrange your wedding via email, phone or post.

After confirming a date, time and venue with me, you need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM), and I must receive this at least 1 calender month before the ceremony. I can e-mail you the form, or you can download it here:

(If you are currently overseas) The Notice of Intended Marriage must be signed in the presence of one of the following:

  • an Australian Diplomatic Officer; an Australian Consular Officer;
  • an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955:
  • an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under paragraph 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955; or
  • a notary public.

You'll find a list of Australian Embassies & Consulates here: Remember that there can be a delay in getting an appointment to see an Australian Consulate Officer.

I will also need to sight certified copies of your birth certificates or passports. These must clearly show your date and place of birth. All documents in a foreign language will need to be translated by a NAATI approved translator. See:

I can refer you to local businesses to arrange your other requirements such as wedding attire, flowers, food and photographs. Have a browse under "local links" on this website for a few suggestions.

Getting married in Tasmania, Honeymoon in Tasmania, Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM), Fiancé Visa, weddings in Tasmania, Weddings in Tassie

Fiancé Visa Plan

A Fiancé Visa is not necessarily an automatic qualification for permanent residency status in Australia.

You'll need to check the latest information on the Department of Immigration's website:

If you, or your fiancé are applying for entry into Australia under the prospective marriage plan or similar special entry plans, I can provide a letter confirming that all requirements have been fulfilled which should be presented to the Consulate with a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage.